ROW80 2019 – Round 1 – Check-in 8
Yesterday was our bachelor and bachelorette’s parties. Well I say party but mine was actually a relaxing evening with the girls (not my daughters, my girl pals ^^). And that was exactly what I wanted!
Today, it’s dance practice again, so most likely no writing will happen… That’s why I post this early.
As for my goals, I’m still making progress regularly, and I’m pretty satsfied with how far I’ve come on the self-publishing work. The short erotica is ready, and the haiku collection planned for March is well on its way too. So I’ll soon add another publishing goal, but I’m waiting for now, as I want to focus on With the Flow for now.
How about you? Having a busy weekend?
Over 60%, I use various shades of green, 100% being this flashy green.
Purple is for projects that are currently on hiatus: dark purple means there’s still a lot to do while mauve is for projects that are well advanced.
Finally blue is for comments on my progress since I last checked in.
Hope you’ll enjoy these rainbow posts. 😉
- Self-publish short erotica. Final version is on KDP, ready for February 14 99%
– Add metadata: 100% (Completed on January 9)
– Market the book: Just need to share the last 2 extracts 90%
~ Illustrate & publish extracts: 6/6 illustrations; 4/6 sharing so 83%
~ Make a book trailer: (Completed January 11) 100%
~ Share the book trailer on Youtube✓, Instagram✓, Facebook✓, Twitter✓ and Amazon Author Central✓: (100% – completed January 21)
~ Write a press release: 100% (completed January 23)
~ Create the website page: 100% (completed January 1st)
~ Contact the book bloggers or journalists I know of who might be interested: Done. 100% (completed January 26)
~ Compile the illustrated extracts on the blog: 100% (Completed on January 14)
– publish! 99% (pre-order status completed on January 13)
- Story Time series:
– review and edit the guide: 6/15 parts (27%)
– compile the worksheets separately: 40/71 (56%)
– compile the games separately: 6/20 (30%)
– publish the flashcards, games (2 collections) and worksheets : 0/4 (0%)
– publish the guide on Kindle (and maybe other platforms?)
– submit it too
* Bat and Friends: 53/72 episodes ready to use in class but I plan to add some activities. On the whole, I’m up to 202/432 (47%)
– make comprehension worksheets (two per episode) 106/144 (72%)
– make grammar & vocabulary worksheets (one per episode) 0/72 but I created a template & took notes of the verbs we’re going to work on for 32/72 episodes so for now 14%
– make tests 0/18 (0%)
– write the lesson plans. 11/72 episodes (15%)
– review and edit the guide. (0%)
– publish on Kindle. (0%)
* RWBY: More work on the character files.
– make flashcards: for now I use pictures from the internet and I guess I’ll work on the flashcards later as this is not urgent.
– prepare worksheet/activities for season 1 episodes: 14.5/16 (91%)
– rewatch episodes for Character Files answer sheets : 6/20 (30%)
– actually create worksheets for trailers+season 1 (module 1): 1/24 (4%)
– create tests for module 1: 0/6 (0%)
– create games for module 1
- #52haikus2019 challenge
– Share blog post by email to haiku associations and so on. Done at last. 100% (completed on January 25)
– Actually do the challenge! Here’s this week’s haiku:
- Compile #52haikus2018
– reorganize the haikus by season: 100% (completed on January 5)
– compile them into an ebook: Done, now I can upload on KDP. 100% (completed on January 26)
– look for a title: 100% (Completed on January 6)
– make a cover: 100% (completed on January 6)
– share/publish the ebook: the ebook is ready but I still need to work on the « backcover summary » 20%
– create the on-demand paper version: Since I’m pretty much on schedule for the ebook, I’ll try and work on the paper version to release them together. 0%
- Japanese coursebooks:
Hanashimashou: just a few corrections
– correct and revise lessons. (6/90) 7%
– make review sessions: (1/3) 38%
– make evaluations (1/3) 33%
– make ppt for the classes (31/90) 34%
– make worksheets (30/90) 33%
– make vocabulary sheets (3/90) 3%
- Poetry collection:
– Complete meta-data: (98%)
– Send to beta-reader 0/60 (0%)
– Use beta’s feedback: 0/60 (0%)
– Plan marketing: 25%
– Make a book trailer: I have some sort of storyboard. 10%
– Publish the illustrated excerpts: 0/23 (0%)
- Cruel Fairy Tales – second, enriched edition:
– Send to beta-readers : 4/13 (31%)
– Use beta-readers’ feedback: 5/39 (13%)
– Include more illustrations: (0%)
– Finish new cover: (100%) – Completed January, 6.
– Publish second edition planned for December 2019
– Also publish an on-demand paper version
– Plan the marketing: besides publishing extracts on social networks, I’ll get in touch with blogs and so on to talk about the book in the coming months. Which means I also need to:
~ Write a press release
~ Update the website page
~ Contact the book bloggers I know of that might be interested
~ Compile the illustrated extracts on the blog
~ Make a book trailer
~ Market 2nd edition
- Little Black Riding Hood (LBRH): on hiatus for now (but I keep thinking about it lately so probably back on the table once publications are well on their way. =D )
– Write the intro: I decided to actually do that after the story is written. 20%
– Finish writing: 30/105 chapters (29%)
– Reread and edit: 0/105 chapters (0%)
– Send to beta-readers: 1/15 (7%)
– Get their feedback and use it. 1/30 (3%)
– Prepare the ebook for self-publishing (80%)
– Work on the cover design: 15%
– Plan the marketing
– Make a book trailer
– Publish/submit it!
– Market the book.
- Wedding planning
Most of the preparations are done but listing what’s left can help me feel more relaxed so here goes: (I’ll just cross out things as they’re done)
make an appointment with the photographer to organize the day
– make an appointment witht the DJ to organize the party: we sent him a message and await his reply.
x Preparations for D Day
– make a list of the games and animations we want for the DJ
– find the hard drive where our karaoke are stored
– choose the karaoke we want for the wedding
get my dress back from the seamstress
confirm the drinks now we have the definite number of people attending
list the late grocery shopping we’ll need
– take care of that grocery shopping
test the vegetable dish (tomorrow if things go according to plan)
– test the potato dish: planned for tomorrow…
– take care of the bedding arrangements for the girls
– entrust the best man with the rings (plus a small decoration job as he’s an artist)
confirm the accomodation arrangements for the guests who aren’t local
make a decision on the seating arrangements
– get the decorations and cloth
– prepare our outfits and accessories + the girls’ too
– confirm the photobooth with the deposit: there’s a problem on the website so we can’t pay though we try… so we contacted them to try and find a solution.
– find our funny accessories for the photobooth (we have lots of wigs and other cosplay stuff somewhere in boxes…)
x Preparations for the honeymoon
find our suitcase in the attic
get traveling-size toothpaste etc
book a taxi from the airport
– find the charger for our camera’s battery (well technically just the cord…)
– Change handbag
– Get some waterproof make-up remover: order is placed
- House renovation & redesign
No list here, as it would be endless… I’ll just talk about what’s in progress and what’s done. Not much news since we usually do this on Sundays and Mondays but the electrician did drop by to fix our internet cable problem.
x Tomorrow we should:
– close the gaps left where the wall used to stand;
– add finishing touches in the laundry room;
– start electricity work in the annex.