ROW80 2019 – Round 1 – Check-in 4
I usually get a lot done on Sundays but today was dedicated to the house: we (at long last) tore down a wall to make the family room bigger. This as such did not take too long but after we needed to clean, get rid of the rubble and move the furniture the way we wanted it, so it’s now way past 9 pm and I can finally sit at my computer and check-in…
It’s been a busy week and I’ve been able to keep working on my writing daily, so yay me for that at least! (Check out all the blue and bright green down there! ^_<)
I’ve also started reusing an oarganizing tool to plan my yearly goals more precisely and setting deadlines for every sub-goal. Not everything is here, as I feel my list of goals is a bit long already, but from now on, a publishing goal might replace a completer one as the year goes by.
I’m so tired I won’t really say more for now; I feel like my brain is refusing to work any longer…
All I hope now is that we can relax after the wedding (4 weeks left!) because right now we have so much going on!
How about you? Looking forward to a cooler time? Take care and have a lovely week ahead! See you around soon. =)
Over 60%, I use various shades of green, 100% being this flashy green.
Purple is for projects that are currently on hiatus: dark purple means there’s still a lot to do while mauve is for projects that are well advanced.
Finally blue is for comments on my progress since I last checked in.
Hope you’ll enjoy these rainbow posts. 😉
- Self-publish short erotica. (55%)
– Add metadata: done! 100% (Completed on January 9)
– Market the book: 30%
~ Illustrate & publish extracts: 6/6 illustrations; 2/6 sharing so 66%
~ Make a book trailer: Done! I’ll upload it soon to share it here. ^^ (Completed January 11) 100%
~ Share the book trailer on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Amazon Author Central: soon!
~ Write a press release: 0%
~ Create the website page: 100% (completed January 1st)
~ Contact the book bloggers I know of that might be interested: 0%
~ Compile the illustrated extracts on the blog: 0%
– publish! Despite some layout trouble at first, which I corrected with a hefty tool provided by KDP, the book is uploaded, soon availabe for pre-order on Kindle. I’ve set the release date for February 14, as I originally intended. Everything’s set, so this will automatically be completed on February, 14 99%
- Story Time series:
– review and edit the guide: 6/15 parts (27%)
– compile the worksheets separately: 40/71 (56%)
– compile the games separately: 6/20 (30%)
– publish the flashcards, games (2 collections) and worksheets : 0/4 (0%)
– publish the guide on Kindle (and maybe other platforms?)
– submit it too
* Bat and Friends: 51/72 episodes ready to use in class and part of the guide done. On the whole, I’m up to 36%
– make comprehension worksheets (two per episode) 102/144 (71%)
– make grammar & vocabulary worksheets (one per episode) 0/72 but I created a template & took notes of the verbs we’re going to work on for 20/72 episodes so for now 14%
– make tests 0/18 (0%)
– write the lesson plans. 11/72 episodes (15%)
– review and edit the guide. (0%)
– publish on Kindle. (0%)
* RWBY: Quite some work done on this too this week. =)
– make flashcards: for now I use pictures from the internet and I guess I’ll work on the flashcards later as this is not urgent.
– prepare worksheet/activities for season 1 episodes: 14.5/16 (91%)
– rewatch episodes for Character Files answer sheets : 9/20 (45%)
– actually create worksheets for trailers+season 1 (module 1): 1/24 (4%)
– create tests for module 1: 0/6 (0%)
– create games for module 1
- #52haikus2019 challenge
– Share blog post by email to haiku associations and so on. Still need to do that!
– Actually do the challenge! Here’s this week’s haiku:
- Compile #52haikus2018
– reorganize the haikus by season: 100% (completed on January 5)
– compile them into an ebook: 15%
– look for a title: 100% (Completed on January 6)
– make a cover: 100% (completed on January 6)
– share the ebook 0%
– create the on-demand paper version 0%
- Japanese coursebooks:
Hanashimashou: Just a little editing this week.
– correct and revise lessons. (6/90) 7%
– make review sessions: (1/3) 38%
– make evaluations (1/3) 33%
– make ppt for the classes (31/90) 34%
– make worksheets (30/90) 33%
– make vocabulary sheets (3/90) 3%
- Poetry collection:
– Complete meta-data: Just need to update as the year goes by and I publish more (90%)
– Send to beta-reader 0/60 (0%)
– Use beta’s feedback: 0/60 (0%)
– Plan marketing: 25%
– Make a book trailer: I have some sort of storyboard. 10%
– Publish the illustrated excerpts: 0/23 (0%)
- Cruel Fairy Tales – second, enriched edition:
– Send to beta-readers : 4/13 (31%)
– Use beta-readers’ feedback: 5/39 (13%)
– Include more illustrations: (0%)
– Finish new cover: (100%) – Completed January, 6.
– Publish second edition planned for December 2019
– Plan the marketing: besides publishing extracts on social networks, I’ll get in touch with blogs and so on to talk about the book in the coming months. Which means I also need to:
~ Write a press release
~ Update the website page
~ Contact the book bloggers I know of that might be interested
~ Compile the illustrated extracts on the blog
~ Make a book trailer
~ Market 2nd edition
- Little Black Riding Hood (LBRH): on hiatus for now (but I keep thinking about it lately so probably back on the table once publications are well on their way. =D )
– Write the intro: I decided to actually do that after the story is written. 20%
– Finish writing: 30/105 chapters (29%)
– Reread and edit: 0/105 chapters (0%)
– Send to beta-readers: 1/15 (7%)
– Get their feedback and use it. 1/30 (3%)
– Prepare the ebook for self-publishing (80%)
– Work on the cover design: 15%
– Plan the marketing
– Make a book trailer
– Publish/submit it!
– Market the book.