I somehow managed to keep moving forward while adding some dance practice and daily workout to my schedule. It sounds like a lot but it’s actually about 10-15 mns, mostly to get over my diastasis recti at long last (I never really worried about it as I still felt I was in the postnatal phase, then baby girl turned 1 and I became aware it had already been a full year… 😛 ).
On the writing front, I mostly post haikus and work on my courses. I do feel like working on fiction again but I don’t want to get back to my stories f I can’t really dedicate some time to them, so I just bite my nails and direct my energy to other things for now.
As for the house, the electricians finished their job and we can finally start putting the rooms where we want (the kitchen mostly, which is currently in a corridor…), so plenty of stuff going on here.
And that’s about it for this week. I’m also glad I was able to post 2 Sundays in a ROW, which I had no done in a while. =D
Take care and see you soon.
Over 60%, I use various shades of green, 100% being this flashy green.
Purple is for projects that are currently on hiatus: dark purple means there’s still a lot to do while mauve is for projects that are well advanced.
Finally blue is for comments on my progress since I last checked in.
Hope you’ll enjoy these rainbow posts. 😉
- Japanese coursebooks:
* High School review/Hanashimashou style: (100%) completed on November 16.
* Hanashimashou: Some more minor corrections here and there.
– correct and revise lessons. (6/90) 7%
– make review sessions: currently working on #2 (1/3) 36%
– make evaluations (1/3) 33%
– make ppt for the classes (31/90) 34%
– make worksheets (30/90) 33%
– make vocabulary sheets (3/90) 3%
- Self-publish short erotica. (0%)
– reread and edit
– make a cover: I have a first version which I’ll show around to see if some changes could do it good. So 75%
Here it is by the way, if you have any suggestions ^^; the idea is to use the same background for the erotica and romance I’ll publish:
– add metadata: spent an hour on this yesterday, and as it’s a lot of copy/pasting, I was able to do most of it for several books I’m planning to release next year. =) 60%
– work on the layout
– make a book trailer
– plan the marketing
– market the book
- Story Time series:
* Goldilocks: no news here.
– review and edit the guide: 6/15 parts (27%)
– compile the worksheets separately: 40/71 (56%)
– compile the games separately: 6/20 (30%)
– publish the flashcards, games (2 collections) and worksheets : 0/4 (0%)
– publish the guide on Kindle (and maybe other platforms?)
– submit it too
* Bat and Friends: still haven’t found the motivation to work on this again. 49/72 episodes ready to use (68%)
– make worksheets (two per episode) 96/144 (67%)
– make tests 0/18 (0%)
– write the guide itself. (40%)
– review and edit. (0%)
– publish on Kindle. (0%)
* RWBY: Still working on the answer sheets for the character files by carefully rewatching episodes.
– make flashcards: for now I use pictures from the internet and I guess I’ll work on the flashcards later as this is not urgent
– prepare worksheet/activities for season 1 episodes: 13/16 (81%)
– prepare character files for season 1: 17/17 (100%) – Completed on November 17.
– rewatch episodes for Character Files answer sheets : 5/20 (25%)
– actually create worksheets for trailers+season 1 (module 1): 0/24 (0%)
– create tests for module 1: 0/6 (0%)
– create games for module 1
- #52haiku2018 challenge: So far 40/49 I should have published by now, but the late ones are ready. =) 81%.
Here are the latest:
- Cruel Fairy Tales – second, enriched edition: no news here; maybe during the holiday break…
– Send to beta-readers : 4/13 (31%)
– Use beta-readers’ feedback: 4/26 (15%)
– Include more illustrations: (0%)
– Take a poll on social networks about the cover artwork: new ideas came out of the second poll, now I need to work on them seriously and take another (hopefully final) poll (75%)
– Publish second edition (I need to replan)
– Plan the marketing: besides publishing extracts on social networks, I’ll get in touch with blogs and so on to talk about the book in the coming months. Which means I also need to:
~ Write a press release
~ Update the website page
~ Contact the book bloggers I know of that might be interested
~ Compile the illustrated extracts on the blog
~ Make a book trailer
~ Market 2nd edition
- Poetry collection: worked on the metadata.
– Make illustrated excerpts: 23/23 (100%) completed November 17
– Complete meta-data: (60%)
– Send to beta-reader 0/60 (0%)
– Use beta’s feedback: 0/60 (0%)
– Plan marketing: I laid down some basic ideas so 10%
– Make a book trailer
– Publish the illustrated excerpts: 0/23 (0%)
- Little Black Riding Hood (LBRH): Probably no news until 2019.
– Write the intro: I decided to actually do that after the story is written. 20%
– Finish writing: 30/105 chapters (29%)
– Reread and edit: 0/105 chapters (0%)
– Send to beta-readers: the book can be divided into 14 distincts parts so I’ll send the parts separately to keep my beta-readers motivated (or so I hope) and make the editing process easier. I’m also asking them for some feedback on the summary I’ll put online, so that’s a 15th section. 1/15 (7%)
– Get their feedback and use it. 1/30 (3%)
– Prepare the ebook for publishing: now I’m used to the epublishing format so I type my books in a way that makes it easy to publish when I’m ready. (80%)
– Work on the cover design: not in this round, that’s for sure, especially if I don’t self-publish anymore! I’ll just wait and see. 15%
– Plan the marketing
– Make a book trailer
– Publish/submit it!:
– Market the book.